DCBHS Medication Refill Policy
- All medical refill requests should be requested via email or through your pharmacy (faxed).
- Once received, all medication refill requests will be sent to the pharmacy within 3 business days.
- Medication refill requests will be monitored and addressed between 9AM - 5PM Monday through Friday. Requests made after hours or on the weekends will be addressed the following business day.
- Clients must be seen at least every 3 months to properly manage the medications. Medications may not be refilled if the appointments are not kept, and this will be at the discretion of the prescribing provider.
- Medication refills are subject to a fee of $15 if requested outside of an appointment.
- Please communicate any time sensitive medication concerns (side effects, rash, etc.) to the medical assistant at 703-348-0030 x 150 to schedule an appointment or phone consultation with the prescribing provider.
- If you are experiencing an emergency after hours or on the weekend, please visit the nearest urgent care of the emergency room.